Monday 16 July 2012

Caddis, I hate Thee

Ahhhhhhh, is there anything better than a proper caddis hatch, topped up with the long days here in the North?
Yes there is, at least when the stupid caddis pupae swim far from the reach of a fly cast. Why they do this, who knows, what makes it worse is that the river current should force the pupae towards "our side".... But there is, I guess, nothing else to expect when fishing in Nidelva, which will be known as Crappy River from now on.

There were a few fish rising just close enough, that when I pushed my self to the max, I could get a decent presentation. On the other side of the river the wish were rising like crazy, and the worst thing is, that it is impossible to fish from the other side due to super-dense forest.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO DONATE A RIVER BOAT OR FUNDS FOR ONE, CONTACT ME!!! :D

Anywho, I did manage to fool a few trout, lose two and snap my leader on one nice one.... Trust me, the words that come from my mouth then, would make the Devil him self blush!

And the one who laughs last, laughs best ;)

Covered in flour, salt & pepper. Crispy when done! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment